Categories

Monday 9 July 2012

My Journey in mobile phones so far

First mobile phone was demonstrated by a researcher Dr.Martin Cooper in Motorola in 1973.First handset weighed 2 kg.But the first commercially available handset was DynaTAC 8000x in 1983. Although it was commercially available starting 1983, usage by common people started growing only in early 90′s. One of the key contributor for mobile phone growth is Nokia.


It' been almost 11 years since I bought my first phone.I think it's about time to look back my phone evolution starting since 2001.

2001:Nokia 6110 



My very first phone , not a surprise it's going to be a Nokia phone and a heavy one indeed.I used to have it during my college days.Works great and battery last a week on standby.But it's too heavy and big to carry around all the time.And to be honest, you look outdated really using this phone in public.


2003:Nokia 3210(AKA Indestructible Nokia 3210)



The most legendary mobile device of them all.It is considered as one of the best selling phones of all time. Indestructible Nokia 3210 is the nickname given to Nokia's 3000 series poking fun at their durability and heavy weight.“Nostalgia” that contained an image of an iPhone with the caption “Falls to the floor / Break the screen” and a Nokia 3210 with the caption “Falls to the floor / Break the floor.” 


2005:Sony Ericsson K700i




 My first Sony Ericsson phone and since I came from Nokia 3210  to K700i , I don't have to tell you my excitement.The size, looks,display, MP3 player , the best VGA 0.3 MP digital camera with video recording back then with image interpolation upto 1.3MP.LED flash , which was very bright and strong ,41 MB of shared memory.The cons would be horrible battery life and the absence of memory card slot.


2008:Sony Ericsson W580 (walkman)



What attracted me to Sony Ericsson Phones is the good review i have heard about them.Sony Ericsson W580 is my first slider type phone.I ABSOLUTELY love the MP3 player on it , it is very loud , outbeats a lot of others.It has beautiful and bright display, even in direct sunlight.The phone comes with 2 megapixel, fixed focus camera.Which means it does not have autofocus, nor does it have a flash.I'd keep the phone if it had better reception but nevertheless its my of my favourite !


2010:Samsung Wave S5333



Hello Samsung, my journey with you has just begun.One major selling point of Samsung Wave S533 is it offers you the choice to use QWERTY keyboard or touch screen according to your needs.I LOVE my QWERTY!.Beside that it has a bright display, inexpensive and good sound.On the con side, the applications of Bada are not that good like Android, some glitches when stopping the music player.If you are OK without 3G, this come second to none.






While I love gadgets, I think the practicality is more important. I would not buy one for the sake of following the latest trend. I think there is a lot of pressure to acquire things.I'd rather have happiness and lots of laughter.\m/

No comments:

Post a Comment